Thursday 19 April 2012

Mainzey Chimes In

As expected, I wasn't going to be allowed to dictate my NFL draft without my partner in crime Mainey having his say.  So here we take a look at how he thinks things will go down.


Colts Andrew Luck QB Stanford -Some teams dream for decades about getting a Franchise QB due to being crap at the right times looks like the Colts may have back to back stars behind center. It pays to be bad (at the right time)
Redskins Robert Griffin III QB Baylor - My team have been dreaming of a Franchise QB and have gone up to get him. I am with Lombardi rather than McNabb (bitter much!!) that RGIII will fit the Shanahan offence well but if a team can destory him its mine
Vikings Matt Kalil OT USC - You get a QB last year you need to protect him. Kalil is the best in this years draft
Browns Trent Richardson RB Alabama - This just in the Browns have no skill players. Best skill player is Richardson and more running equals less McCoy
Bucs Morris Claiborne CB LSU - He has the talent to be a shutdown corner but has issues and based on his Wonderlic it seems he didn't go to class at LSU. Bucs won't pass him up tho even after the Talib disaster
Rams Justin Blackmon WR Okla State -People have concerns over Blackmon and although I don't think he is one of the Johnsons I believe he is elite and will help Bradfod and Jackson a ton
Jags Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina -I think they need a DE and the Melvin is the most talented even if the a 'prototype' size for a DE
Dolphins Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M - Every year a QB is drafted too high and this year the Award goes to Ryan. He has all the skills but is raw for his sake he best not play this year
Panthers Dontari Poe DT Memphis - Does his play match his combine the Panthers will hope so with all the talent they have on the other side of the ball
Bills Riley Reiff  OT Iowa - Defense done in free agency so I see a Riley being picked to help Fitzpatrick and that offence
Chiefs Luke Kuechly ILB Boston College -I do this as much to annoy Dutton even tho Mel agrees with me. HA HA (smartarse, Dutton X)
Seahawks Quinton Coples DE Noth Carolina -They played hard for coach Carroll last year and I expect the same. I think they are short on offence but best player is Quentin
Cardinals Cordy Glenn T Georgia - This is were it started to get difficult but hey they couldn't protect anyone last year so I went with Glenn
Cowboys Mark Barron SS Alabama - I hate this team (for the first time in about ten picks, we agree on something, Dutton) and I hope this guy is a bust but they stank in the secondary last year and Barron is the best safety
Eagles Fletcher Cox DT Miss State - They need a line backer in my opinion (and apparently rain is wet, Dutton) but a DT who can stop the run would help to
Jets Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama -The New York'Tebows' need a strong defense to help the guys behind centre who will be throwing at 47%. Upshaw fits the bill (should point out that our friend Mullin HATES this pick)
Bengals David DeCastro OG Stanford - Lets protect the Ginger!!!! (Bias, Dutton)
Chargers Andre Branch DE Clemson - Their defence regressed last year (like everything else) so I am thinking DE
Bears Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame - Get Cutler some help and you may challenge the Packers
Titans Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina - They need to replace Cortland Finnegan I think Gilmore is slightly better than Kirkpatrick
Bengals Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama - Good fit and will replace Joseph who went to the Texans last year
Browns Kendall Wright  WR Baylor - Another Skill player for Cleveland? Yes please
Lions Johnathan Martin OT Stanford - The D-Line is set, you have a Franchise QB, lets protect him
Steelers Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama - You might think offensive line has to happen here but I think this guy and LeBeau equals multiple Pro Bowls
Broncos Jerel Worthy DT Michigan St  - Lets get Peyton on the field as quick as possible and see if the magic is still there
Texans Reuben Randle WR LSU- Get Schaub another target who can be productive, keep the Players fit and are they the best team in the AFC?? (No, they're not.  Dutton)
Pats Shea McClellin DE Boise State - Pass rush pass rush and more pass rush
Packers Nick Perry LB USC - see above comment
Ravens Peter Konz C Wisconsin - If I need O line help and I watch College I think I pick the best Badger (certainly worked in the Wind in the Willows, Dutton)
49ers Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech - Get Smith more men to throw to and you may be the best team in the league
Pats Michael Brockers DT LSU - See previous Pats comment
Giants Mike Adams OT Ohio State - Lets protect the best Manning (did I really just right that, I am about to be sick) (Probably not as sick as Adams, who at the time of writing has admitted that he tested positive for cannabis at Ohio State.  He's been high, now watch him slide low...Dutton)

So there you have it.  Mainzey and I have sixteen duplicate picks, and have in some order picked thirty of the same players.  This is a big deal, as the man with the most correct picks gets a Frankie and Bennys breakfast paid for by the loser.  So, who will be the Pats Front Office, and who will be the Raiders? We'll know in a week.




No comments:

Post a Comment