Thursday 16 August 2012

And Now...The AFC

DUTTON - So, the AFC..

MAINZEY - The second best conference in terms of quality and Mannings (did I really just say that?), the AFC is like the Australian Olympic team compared the the GB team that is the NFC.

DUTTON - Yorkshire won more medals than Australia.  There are, to my mind, NO outstanding Superbowl candidates in the AFC, but like the NFC lets start in the East.

MAINZEY - Ah, Mullins Division (NY Jets), and boy is he going to have fun this year with Timmy (God's personal representative in the NFL).  My dads team should also have a blast with no QB until the boy Tannehill is ready, the Bills may surprise some people with their defence and a few skill players, but lets be serious.  The Patriots win this division by a mile.  Best QB in Brady, best coach in Bellichek...pretty easy one for me this.

DUTTON - Hard to argue, though I think the Patriots could use help at tight end.

The other three teams have passable defences, the Bills having spent big to improve. But the Dolphins will have a year of growing pains, and Tebow will be the starting QB by week five. Easy Patriots win.

The Powerhouse division would be the North, with three playoff teams in 2011. I have a feeling that the most talented team in this quartet is actually Cincinatti.

MAINZEY - Still sticking with the Jimmy Graham over Gronk joke I see

AFC North the one thing I do know is the Cleveland will be last. As for the others I think the best team are the Steelers they have Big Ben with Weapons and still have a defence. I am torn between the Ravens and the Bengals although I hope the Bengals win 10 games.

DUTTON - Sticking my neck out (never a task I'm afraid to do) in saying the Bengals finish above the Ravens in 2012.

The West is probably the most intriguing in the entire NFL. The Chargers are the perennial contenders, the Chiefs have a top defence and a few offensive weapons returning, Denver replaced a gimmick QB with some guy called Manning, and the Raiders begin a truly new era as they go into their first season post Al Davis. My money is on Kansas.

MAINZEY - Cincy and Kansas bloody hell Neil have you been drinking??

The Chargers may have Norv and they also have talent but I know who I am going with. The same person I have picked to win the AFC South since 2000. I am on the Peyton and Broncos bandwagon and I am sticking with it!!!

DUTTON - I don't think the Bengals will win their division, just finish above Baltimore!

I think Denver will push, but everything Kansas have done this offseason has impressed me.

MAINZEY - I may have missed what Kansas did, where they the team who signed Peyton Manning?

DUTTON - No, they have their own injury blighted QB, and they did sign another Peyton (the oft injured and 2011 Madden Curse victim Peyton Hillis).

MAINZEY - Ok just checking I hadn't missed something

DUTTON - Idiot.

So, potentially the worst division in pro football, the AFC North. Urgh...by all means, you can lead off on this one.

MAINZEY - AFC North is surely the poo division of the league this year. 

That being said this is a no brainer for me Texans all the way the OLine may not be as good but with Foster and Schaub throwing to Johnson and Daniels they should have more than enough

DUTTON - I'll be prepared to controversial here, I think Johnsons days of "elite" are done. Can't stay healthy, Texans will ground and pound to lighten his load. Their receiving corps is a worry, but they are still the cream of this crap.  Titans will compete, but Colts and Jags will stink again.

So Pats, Steelers, Texans and a disagreement in the West. Wild cards?

MAINZEY - May not be elite but better than the rest in that division. 

Yeah my wildcards are going to be Ravens and Bengals.  You?

DUTTON - I'm going with the Bengals...and the Denver Broncos.

So there you have it, all eight divisions broken down into idiot sized chunks.  How will our selections pan out? You get to find out in under a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment